Framed's 2006 Book Reviews

A list of reviews I've done during 2006. Books are rated from 1 to 5, with 5 being a stellar read. Book reviews with a 5 rating are bolded.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

CHOCOLATE THERAPY by Dianne Crabtree October 7, 2006

One day, I was browsing through the Deseret Book Store and spied this title. How could I resist? It looked like a fun, thoughtless read and basically, that is what it was. However, I've read any number of LDS fiction books involving middle-aged women whose children have become monsters with the onset of puberty and who are struggling with an imperfect life compared with most every other woman in the story. So, my thoughts after starting the book were, "Read that already." I did finish it though. It was, at times, humorous and had good messages: Be yourself, no one's perfect, family is the most important thing in life, etc., etc. I did enjoy the fact that the main character hides her chocolate bars from her family and brings them out whenever a friend needs consoling. (Hmm, it seems like I know someone who hides her Mystic Mints) Once I accepted the fact that this is a formulaic book and just went it, it was okay. Disappointing but okay. Dang, that is three less-than-stellar reads in a row. Things have got to pick up soon.
Rating: 3
6 Comments:
booklogged said...
The title does call out and grab your attention, doesn't it? After that less than stellar rating, I think I'll grab a chocolate instead. Care to join me?
Joy said...
Chocolate...did someone mention chocolate!?!
Les said...
You're following the alphabet in order (author's name) right now, aren't you? Too bad since The Book Thief's author's name is Zusak! Perhaps you should work your way through the alphabet backwords! Then you'd be sure to read something fantastic.
Framed said...
I believe I ate chocolate while I was reading the book. Peanut Clusters are my favorite brand of therapy. May if I do BAFAB in January, I should ask for chocolate bribes. Nah, I have to give them up. I'm a strong woman, I can do this. Les, I'm reading A to Z, first A title, A author, B title, B author, etc. So the Book Thief is my 52nd book to read. It is my incentive to read fast. I've read some bowsers lately, and hoping they improve soon. Okay, bowser is strong. They have just been disappointing.
Anonymous said...
looks tastyThere are many books you can find in the global Network shops. I will show you the way you can find the most popular and the most interesting bestsellers.LINK HERE
booklogged said...
I ran across the pronunciation and definition for a meme and since we were discussing it recently, I thought I'd let you know.meme n (mëm): A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. From the Greek mimëma, something imitated, from mimeisthai, to imitate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home