Framed's 2006 Book Reviews

A list of reviews I've done during 2006. Books are rated from 1 to 5, with 5 being a stellar read. Book reviews with a 5 rating are bolded.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

FACE DOWN BEFORE REBEL HOOVES by Kathy Lynn Emerson October 29, 2006

I believe this is the sixth book in the Elizabethan mystery series, so I am totally reading it out of order but it fits my A to Z list. This is an interesting book with a number of historical details. I did have to suspend my belief a little because of the number of strong, opinionated, and liberated women in the story. I don't think women had quite that much freedom in Elizabethan times unless you were the queen. Having said that, I'm sure the story wouldn't have been as good if all the female characters had been under the thumb of the men around them. It's a great mystery read, entertaining intrigue with some suspense and romance. The heroine, Lady Appleton, is in peril throughout much of the book, but her friends rally to keep her safe. If you like to read cozy mysteries, this book qualifies. I'm not sure I loved it enough to read the rest of the series, but we'll see how I feel when I finish A to Z and want to read a mystery.
Rating: 4
2 Comments:
booklogged said...
Darn, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it more. This is one of my favorite series. Just goes to show we don't all enjoy the same things. Variety in books and people are the spice of life.
Framed said...
I enjoyed it a lot. Just not a 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home